As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Spice up your meals with this incredible Thai green chili sauce recipe! Made with a bunch of fresh green chilies, a dash of fish sauce, a few squeezes of lime juice, and more simple ingredients that will make your taste buds crave for more! This condiment is a game-changer for all you seafood lovers out there.
Nam jim seafood
In Thailand, this popular and spicy dipping sauce is known as “nam jim seafood”. It comes in two versions – green and red. This recipe is for the green version, it’s packed with fresh flavors and a spicy kick.
Key ingredients are green chilies, fish sauce, and lime juice.
Red and green chili sauce
Green: A fresh and herbal taste thanks to herbs like coriander and mint. Made with green Thai chilies.
Red: The red version is usually a bit spicier, depending on the type of chilies that are used. Additionally, it comes with crushed peanuts.
How to combine This recipe
- This flavorful sauce is the perfect accompaniment to all kinds of seafood. From tasty shrimp to juicy lobster, sweet crab to grilled squid, this dip adds a burst of yummy and spicy flavor to every bite.
- It pairs perfectly with grilled meat as well. Whether you want to try these pork skewers or my juicy Thai chicken wings, this sauce takes them to the next level. Most grilled meat is already delicious on its own, but this sauce makes everything better!
- These fresh summer rolls with shrimp can be dipped in just about anything!
- Here’s a final tip for you – next time you’re having a barbecue, make sure to add this green chili sauce to your table! When dining out for Thai barbecue, it’s common to find this sauce served as a condiment at the table.
The ingredients that are needed to make this spicy sauce are easy to find at an Asian supermarket.
- Green chilies – I suggest making this aromatic sauce with Thai green chilies. If you cannot find these, then serrano peppers are a good spicy alternative.
- Fish sauce – Make the dip more or less salty by adding or removing 0,5 tsp fish sauce.
- Sugar – Increasing the amount of sugar will increase the sweetness.
Short recipe video
Making this dip is super easy! You can choose to make it using a mortar and pestle (see recipe video above) or just throw everything in a food processor, mix for 10 seconds, and that’s it!
Add green chilies, fish sauce, coriander, mint, lime juice, sugar and garlic in a food processor.
Mix for 10 seconds and transfer to a sauce cup. Serve immediately.
How to store
Transfer to an airtight container and keep it in your refrigerator. It can last up to one month when sealed properly. The longer you store it for, the intenser the taste will be.
More chili sauces you’ll love
- Nam prik noom – A vegan green chili dip with grilled chilies.
- Nam jim jaew – An incredibly easy and traditional Thai chili dip.
- Mookata chili sauce – Having a BBQ? Pair it with this tasty, spicy sauce!
Thank you for taking the time to read my Thai green chili sauce recipe for seafood! By giving it a star rating and adding a comment underneath, you would do me a HUGE favor. Don’t forget to join up for my newsletter if you want to be updated on the latest Thai food.
Thai Green Chili Sauce Recipe For Seafood
Spice up your meals with this delicious and easy homemade Thai green chili sauce.
In a food processor, combine green chilies, fish sauce, coriander, mint, lime juice, sugar, and garlic.
Blend for 10 seconds and then transfer to a sauce cup. Serve immediately.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 55kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6g5%
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g2%
- Sugars 10.6g
- Protein 1.4g3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Use the nutrition card in this recipe as a guideline.
- For a milder sauce, you can reduce the amount of chili peppers used in the recipe or remove the seeds before blending.